Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I've become a new Mommy!

This is a bit of an exclusive because i've not announced this yet on facebook or instagram. I'm not allowed to show this in any place where my family members can see, not yet at least.

But I am just so excited that I wanted to show them to the one place where only strangers can see!

LOOK AT MY NEW BABIES!




Meet Olaf and Sven. They are about a month old and still drinking milk. They are half Pomeranian and half Chihuahua. Both are brothers (and we've even contemplated on naming them Thor and Loki, but we've already got Olaf and Sven picked out for weeks) They are both trouble makers, I can already tell. Sven has this 'I don't give a fuck' attitude while Olaf is just stubborn. 

If you know anything about me, you'd know that I love dogs. I absolutely love dogs. I had a dog growing up, a Welsh Corgi named Chandler, who was the love of my life. He was my little brother. And then, around the same time my actual, human being brother was born, we got another dog. He was a Pitbull named Keno. We didn't intend to adopt him but no one else would. He was a pain in my ass but I still loved him.

When we moved to the Philippines, we couldn't take them with us. Chandler went to my stepdad (who had gotten him for us) and Keno went to my uncle (who had gotten him for us). While we were in the Philippines, our uncle kept telling us Keno kept trying to escape and went looking for us (he almost tackled a girl who looked like me) until one day, Keno just ran away. They never found him. Keno was not registered so most likely dog catchers got him and he was sent to the pound. Thinking about that just makes me sad. 

Chandler, on the other hand, is living peacefully with my stepdad, but he's old. Today, Chandler is 15 years old. The separation between the two dogs was just too much for them, I could tell. They've never separated since they were brought together. One time, they ran away from our house together. Mom and I thought we'd need to split up to find them, only to find them still together a block away. As much as Chandler was annoyed by Keno, he would never leave his side (it's a cute site to see. a small little Corgi being so protective over a HUGE pitbull)

Anyways, Chandler is old now. He hasn't bathed IN A YEAR and at this point, my stepdad can't bathe him, he needs to be at the groomers. But he can't cause he has a history of biting so he was banned. He has gotten so fat now, and a lot of that has to do with the excess fur that shed from him but are still hanging on to him in between his other fur. His nails are so long that they curl, which makes it difficult for him to walk. He has arthritis too, so he's slow, or not moving at all. Really, at the moment, we're just waiting for him to kick it. It's a miracle he's lasted this long.

My mom and I would have taken Chandler with us; we can take care of him much better. We would have preferred of it that way, but we live in an apartment. Also, Chandler would need to be groomed before being able to step in our apartment. My mom and I have been counting the days until we can move to an actual house so we can get a dog (the larger space and privacy is a thing we want too, but we mainly wanted a dog) My mom and my brother are just like me, we're dog people. When we were in the Philippines, at one point we had six dogs. And then, when one of our dogs kept getting pregnant (she was pregnant 3 times in a year) we always decided to keep one puppy. That puppy would grow up in our house and we'd house train her (teach her not to go out in the streets, etc...) and then when they're big enough, we'd let them live with my uncle who had a huge land, perfect for dogs to run. That was us, we're just huge dog people.

We weren't planning on getting a dog until after we moved to a house, but they just kind of fell in our lap. My mom's friend's dog gave birth and was giving them away for $50, so my mom immediately got one. She only bought one, but when we went to pick them up, there were still some left, so my mom got two. (which is actually smart, this way the dogs wont be lonely growing up) And now here they are, sleeping in a box on my bed.

When I say i've become a new mommy, I literally feel like a new mommy. They're still drinking milk and are not able to drink out of a bowl yet so we have to bottle feed them. And of course, being babies, they're schedule is mixed and definitely not matching mine. I woke up three times in the middle of the night to make them milk and feed them SEPARATELY. 

But they are cute, JUST LOOK AT THEM!


No comments:

Post a Comment