Friday, June 20, 2014

Fanfiction

Fanfiction is pretty much what keeps the fandom going. I mean, we love whatever TV show or movie we're watching but we just need MORE. We write these stories to explore deeper into the world we've been consumed with. Explore the possible relationships between characters or see what they'll be like if different situations are put upon them (AU's are such a pelasure!)

I use to write fanfiction - and by that I mean I use to publish them. If you look up my username on fanfiction.net, you'll see my archive of fanfics i've written in my tween days. (Between the ages of 13 - 15, how cringeworthy!) Back in those days, it was all about Gilmore Girls for me. And then in high school, i've moved on to High School Musical related fanfics. Not necessarily Troy/Gabriella or even any characters from HSM centric, more RPF than anything (Zanessa were so cute! Sue me!) In fact, if you go through my livejournal archives, you'll see more than just Zanessa fics there (There were some Selena/David Henrie fics and even a Zac Efron/Taylor Swift fic???) Boy was I adventurous! 

Anyways, that was before. I don't publish fanfictions anymore, at least not as much. (I've only published one in the last four years - which was an LBD fic) but that doesn't mean I still don't write them.

My mind is constantly coming up with these new scenarios when it comes to my favorite ships or teams or friendship. I don't automatically pull out my word doc to type them out, but a lot of the times when the story i've created in my head becomes so vivid, I can't help but type them out. Sometimes the story is so fascinating to me that I just want to go over it again without having to remember the details because they've already been written out. 

Thus, the reason why I have an entire folder with about 50+ fanfics i've read, ranging from various fandoms. A lot of them I wrote a long time ago (the oldest was probably 6 years?) It's fun to read those back again after I haven't looked at them for so long, it's like reading a story for the first time. These are those rare times where I think, "Wow, I am okay at writing." It's great because it literally is the image you see in your head being laid out in physical writing, so it's engraved forever.

Fact is, yes I have these fanfictions i've written stored in my computer. No, I will not publish them. For one, they are unfinished, second, they are VERY specific background information that has never been established in the story so you'll literally have to live in my head to understand the circumstances these characters are put through.

But, I do want to talk about them. There are too many and I'm kind of giddy about them!

I wont even talk about the IRL fanfic i've written about my alter ego and her life. Cause that is a territory that i'm not comfortable admitting even to myself yet!

A lot of my stories were lost because my old computer kept crashing on me so a lot of my data were lost. Those stories included a lot of my High School Musical stuff, Zanessa stuff, and my Gilmore Girls stuff.

TL;DR - I have a slew of fanfics that i've never published and will never publish (although I might show an excerpt) And I want to talk about them so i'm gonna do some random posts talking about them. The concept of the story and the plot points. I wont add them to this post though, because then this will be a fucking long post. But at some point i'll post them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment